1) You receive emails every day. Some with email signatures, some without. It's the ones with email signatures that count for Evercontact.
2) Our servers find the following information and separate it for analysis:
- The header (to/from/subject)
- Helps determine the sender and associate them with the email signature
- Helps verify that this is a pertinent contact (i.e. someone that you’ve exchanged with)
- This is in order to prevent contact updates for spam or irrelevant email senders
- The body
- Almost all of it is instantly discarded by our servers, as it has no value in updating your address book
- The email signature (and it’s not as easy to find this among all the “noise” that an email can have. Sometimes the email signature directly follows the body of the email, sometimes it’s at the very bottom. Sometimes it’s within forwarded emails, etc.)
3) Evercontact then analyzes the information within the email signature and extracts the following information:
- Contact First Name
- Contact Last Name
- Company Name
- Company Role
- Work Telephone number
- Home Telephone number
- Mobile Telephone number
- Fax Telephone number
- Postal Address
4) The system then compares the detected info with the existing information in address books or CRMs to update or enrich whatever it can.
This is where the real challenge comes into play, and we’ve had to make strategic decisions to best serve you & our other clients:
- We do not delete information that's already in your address book
- Instead, new data is added with a time stamp attached to it.
- i.e. If you have a phone number for a contact and we find a different number in that contact's email signature, we will simply add the new one without replacing the first one.
- We may modify existing information to boost accuracy
- Specifically, we can “internationalize” data, i.e. adding a +1 to U.S. phone numbers or +33 to French numbers.
NOTE: These are preferences that can be changed! Check our your Settings page or reach out to email@example.com for assistance!
5) This process repeats every 24 hours!
We check each incoming signature to make sure your address book / CRM is completely up-to-date.
- Please note, however, that a contact you receive today may not be updated until tomorrow
And lastly - If you have any questions or experience any issues, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org! We're happy to help!